Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child their world will change.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The prompting of the Lord

So things are moving along very quickly because Dusty's adoption is being expedited.  As soon as his paperwork catches up to Jayden's which should be in the next few weeks, China will issue Travel Approval for both boys super fast which will be such a blessing.  Jayden's paperwork is is on hold for the time being.  We just sent Dusty's application to USCIS today so it will be waiting on our officer's desk.  It is missing one document, Letter of Acceptance also known as LOA.  Our adoption agency should have it any day and as soon as they receive it, they will email us a scanned copy which we will print, sign, scan and email back to them.  They will then send it to our officer who will have our file sitting on her desk and she will then approve our I800 application for Dusty.  I am just so amazed at how fast this can be done for the older kids. 

I did want to share another confirming testimony that I received today about Dusty.  One of the families we have met through adoption is the Padgetts.  Jennifer has helped with some fundraising ideas and I know has been praying for us as well.  Back at the end of December she posted on Facebook this itty-bitty picture of a boy who was about to age out named Ian.  She was encouraging someone to come forward and adopt him.  I told her we would in a heartbeat, but we were still raising money for Jayden. I did NOT read Ian's description or enlarge the picture so I could see it better.  When I told her about Dusty, she said,

"He isn't the boy I had posted from Holt is he?   Funny I felt the Lord's prompting to contact you." 

I told her no because Dusty had been with Great Wall Adoption Agency and I thought Ian was with Holt where she adopted her last baby girl from.  Today, I figured out that Dusty was Ian.  Holt had changed his name for their listing.  All I can say is WOW, God is awesome!! I will share another video of Dusty playing the guitar. 


video

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely God's work and I am amazed at how He works all things together for those that love Him. I am so extremely excited for both boys to come home. It's going to be so amazing!

    ReplyDelete