Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child their world will change.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Time Has Arrived

The tickets have been purchased, hotels reserved and our consulate appointment made.  We will meet Jayden Matthew (Jia Jian) on Monday, April 9th and Seth Zhang Yun (Dusty) on Thursday, April 12th.  Just setting up this trip made me tired.  We will be gone 18 nights and the longest time we will be in one hotel is 5 days.  There will be nine planes, five hotels, unknown number of bus/taxi trips and one train ride.  I can't say that I am looking forward to the trip, but I am looking forward to meeting our boys and getting them home. 

Please pray for Richard and I that we will be patient with each other because we are going to be exhausted.  Also pray for the boys that will adjust well.  Jayden has been with his foster family for almost three years and Seth has been with his foster family for close to ten years.  They are leaving their home, school, friends, family, food, everything they have ever known and going to a strange country with strange people.  Lastly, pray for our family at home that everything will go smoothly.  We have many people helping out to make sure the kids are well taken care of and I know they will be. 

God has been so good and faithful throughout the last 13 months and I know He will continue to be.      

8 comments:

  1. He will. He has this and He has hand picked these boys for your family. I can't wait to see where they go in life. I'm so thankful to have been on this journey with you guys and will continually hold you up in prayer. God's got this one! We love you guys and are SO excited to meet Jayden and Seth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will be in good (God's) hands, as will the boys. Will continue prayer coverage for you and your family. If there is anything I can do for your kids while you guys are gone, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could go with you and help . . . look at this as a time to take in your boys' culture as well as praying for everyone who you will have contact with. We know that there will be many God moments for you; keep your eyes open! I truly believe that the Chinese people who do not know the Lord are hungry and will see your testimonies written all over you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and ALL of your family are always in my thoughts. I wish you all the best and can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying your trip goes very smoothly (not just the planes, trains and automobiles - EVERYTHING)! Thanks for "playing courier" this week too! We appreciate it very much! I hope the boys have been well prepared to meet you (and accept you) - praying for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be following along as you post updates. Praying for smooth transitions for all. If you need a little encouragement, check out today's post. Our older boys are doing so very well. I pray the same for your family. www.rylandsfamily.blogspot.com
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be praying for you all the whole time! Enjoy your time and getting to know those sweet, amazing boys!!

    ReplyDelete