Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child their world will change.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chengdu Panda Sanctuary








Today we went to the panda sanctuary which was awesome!  I love animals and to see baby pandas playing and so many of them was wonderful.  I will try to post some more pictures of them tomorrow.  We also took Seth back to see his friends, foster family and the orphanage staff one more time.  When we got in the van, he was struggling some...not as much as the first day, but still he was emotional.  I climbed in the back seat next to him and put my arm around him and he snuggled right up.  He may look like a big boy, but he still needs his mama :)  I told him I was so sorry he was sad and he told me that was okay.  I also told him we loved him and he said he loved us to.  After several minutes he showed me some pictures of his girlfriend.  She is very beautiful and my heart was breaking for him.  I should say though that despite the sadness and in the pictures you see no smiles from Seth, he does smile at us when we are talking to him.  He has moments of sadness and moments where he seems happy.   

We have two more full days in Chengdu and then on Sunday we will be off to Guangzhou.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my! It's hard not to read these and get teary. Seth seems like such and amazing kid, so sensitive, loving, compassionate and such a gift. I love how he is warming up to his Mama in spite of what he is going through. I'm so happy he is part of your family as I know you have so much understanding and compassion for what he's going through and will keep that tie to the ones he loves as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! :) Glad you are seeing some smiles!

    ReplyDelete