Adopting a child won't change the world, but for that child their world will change.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Last Day in the U.S.

Today is our last day in the U.S. as a family of seven.  We leave this evening at 5:00 p.m. and fly to Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles and then we are off to China.  I will post our intinerary in the day or so as I have so many things left to finish before we leave.  We will miss our family so much, but we are very thankful to our son Brian and his beautiful wife Milana for staying with the kids.  It was so special to have my son who is so much taller than me give  me this huge hug last night and tell me how much he loves me and that I am his best, sweet mom.  We are also thankful for the many other people who will be helping get the kids. 

On a side note, please pray for my very good friend Michelle.  She has three sweet kids ages 2, 3 and 4.  She fractured her tibia this past Friday and will be on crutches for up to 12 weeks.  She is the sister I never had and I know she is having a rough time. 

3 comments:

  1. I love you Stacey. I'm a fighter and God has blessed me so no worries, I will be okay. Crutches have a trillion uses I hadn't discovered before this happened! I might write a book :). I can't wait to follow along. Don't take as long as I did to update my blog everyday or I MIGHT go insane. :) God is good, He has this (as I've told you all along) and I'm in tears just thinking about your amazing journey. It's just beginning, really. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get to see all the boys, tell SongSong/Zane 'hi' from us. Sorry we didn't get anything to you to take to him :(. Our home study is almost done, we are ready for our USCIS fingerprints, and our dossier is just about ready to go too. Can't wait to read about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you have an amazing and precious trip for your two boys! I am looking forward to reading how it goes!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete